Nowadays, having an uninterrupted Internet connection in your home is crucial when you consider just how dependent we’ve all become on communicating with everyone we know through social media, instant messaging and emails. If something goes wrong, I know I personally run around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to figure out what could be the problem. Some residents of Northern New Mexico went through a 20-hour Internet and cellphone outage last week, and it wasn’t due to their providers screwing something up. Instead, it was due to a beaver.
CenturyLink spokesman David Gonzales told The Associated Press on Friday the reason for last week’s outage was due to a beaver chewing through an exposed fiber optic line, which was made evident by contractors discovering what looked to be bite marks from a beaver where the cable was damaged.
Due to the beaver “attack,” over 1,800 Internet users were affected by the outage, although at the time of this writing, it’s unknown just how many cellphone users were affected.RELATED
- Facebook News Feed Changes Put Focus On Content Source's Quality
- New Website Helps Users Check If Their Email Account Has Been Hacked
- Facebook Is Open To The Idea Of A "Sympathize" Button
- Download Gmail And Google Calendar User Data Starting Today
- Top Yahoo Searches In 2013 Revealed
- Follow: internet,
- Seen at: wvva