Mozilla announced Firefox OS only recently. It was rumored that Foxconn, widely known as a contractor for Apple, will be building as many as five devices that would run on this new OS. A tablet was also rumored. The Firefox OS tablet has now been confirmed. It was present on a desk next to a Foxconn employee during the company’s press event during Computer 2013 in Taiwan.
It has only been confirmed for now that Foxconn is indeed building a Firefox OS tablet. No details about the technical specifications of this device are available. Even though the resolution doesn’t seem to be at par with other tablets available in the market, this particular tablet apparently has a 8 or 10 inch display. We can only speculate about the specifications of this tablet at this point in time. Mozilla is yet to officially make an announcement regarding its tablet plans. Only recently it was rumored that Foxconn was looking in to developing its own range of accessories because it wants to reduce its dependence on Apple’s business, perhaps we might even see some of them materialize in the near future.
Next Story: Windows 8.1 Supports Miracast Display Streaming
- 2014-01-30 Mozilla Will Attend MWC 2014 To Show Off Firefox OS' Progress
- 2014-01-19 Firefox OS Tablet Prototypes Enter Test Phase
- 2014-01-06 Panasonic And Mozilla Work On Firefox OS Open Platform For Next Generation Smart TVs
- 2013-11-30 Tizen And Firefox OS Should Team Up, According To Samsung
- 2013-11-14 Mozilla Currently Has No Plans To Launch Firefox OS Phones In The U.S.