In the first half of 2013 we’ve seen some great smartphones being released. Samsung came out with its flagship Android offering, the Galaxy S4. HTC responded with the all metal HTC One, yet another Android powerhouse. Apple held its ground with iPhone 5, which it released late last year. Analyst William Power of R.W. Baird claims based on store checks of four largest U.S. carriers that behind iPhone 5 and Galaxy S4, HTC One is the third most selling smartphone in the country.
The HTC One is reportedly third behind Apple and Samsung flagships at AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile. The story is a bit different at Verizon Wireless, where Motorola RAZR HD and other RAZR devices are alternatives to Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5. William Power also claims, based on cosnumer channel checks, that demand for the recently released BlackBerry Q10 is modest. It is believed that apart from die-hard consumers and loyalists, the major demand for BlackBerry Q10 is coming from businesses. The Canadian manufacturer will reportedly be launching 3-4 new smartphones later this year. By the looks of it HTC, which recently reported a 98% fall in profits, has got itself a winner.
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2013-12-15 Galaxy S4 And HTC One Google Play Edition Receive Android 4.4.2 Update
- 2013-10-01 Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29 iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16 iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-08-04 HTC One And Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-06-24 AT&T Discounts iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, HTC One By 50% For A Limited Time
- 2013-04-28 Samsung Galaxy S4 Teardown Confirms It Is Easier To Repair