Apple announced its major overhaul in iOS 7 just a few weeks ago, bringing with it a much more flat design when compared to previous version of iOS. We know many of you consider yourselves fans of the change, while just as many of you completely hate the redesign. We could spend a couple of days to gauge how the Internet feels about iOS 7′s redesign, or we could just rely on Polar to give us results from their very own poll which gauged people’s response between the old and new icons.
Polar received over 95,000 from the general public, whose responses were overwhelmingly positive towards the new icons over the old ones. The new minimalist icons for Phone, Newsstand, Mail, Music, Photos, Video, FaceTime, Messages, Contacts, Notes, Compass, App Store, Weather, Calendar, Clock and iTunes received high marks from voters by a wide margin.
Not all of the icons received such a positive response as voters weren’t impressed with the Camera, Game Center, Safari and Reminders icons when compared to the previous icons. Although when you compare just how many people liked the new iOS 7 system icons over the iOS 6 icons, these four results don’t really stack up with the overall positive response.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-04-03: Next-Gen iOS Devices May Have Faster, Power Efficient LPDDR4 DRAM
- 2014-03-14: iOS 7.1 Sees 18% Adoption Rate After 72 Hours
- 2014-03-11: iOS 7.1 Sees 6% Adoption Rate In First 24 Hours In North America
- 2013-10-21: GarageBand For iOS 7 Expected To Be Free With In-App Purchases
- 2013-10-16: iOS 7 Installed On 71% Of Devices Less Than A Month After Its Release
- 2013-10-09: Flickr iOS 7 App Automatically Uploads Full Resolution Photos