Pinterest has announced today that it is now allowing users to search their own pins. For now this feature is going to be rolled out on the website, Pinterest says that it will be available on mobile soon enough. The feature will make it easier for users to rediscover the stuff that they’ve already pinned.
The way this works is that users enter a word in the search bar and then filter the results by clicking on ‘Just my pins.’ Its as simple as that. The results will display everything that has been pinned with that particular keyword in the description. To make finding pins in the future easier, Pinterest suggests that users add relevant words in the descriptions of their pins. In March Pinterest rolled out a new look for its users, but brought back many of the old features just one month later. These features included the @ mentions and ‘via’ links. Pinterest has been tweaking the service consistently over the past couple of months to make user experience better. Are you excited about finally having the ability to search your own pins?
- 2014-03-16: Pinterest 'Gifts Feed' Launched
- 2014-01-23: Pinterest GIF Support Is Finally Here
- 2014-01-21: Searching For Recipes On Pinterest Is Now Easier
- 2014-01-06: Pinterest Might Be Forced To Change Its Name In Europe
- 2013-12-30: 73% Of All U.S. Adults Can Be Found On Social Networks