Sony finally unveiled its PlayStation 4 this week at E3 as well as announcing it’ll be available this holiday season for $399. For $399, you’ll get the PlayStation 4 console, a DualShock 4 controller, an HDMI cable, power cable, USB cable and a mono headset, but if you want to get its optional PlayStation Eye or an additional controller, each will cost you as much as a new video game.
Sony confirmed in a press release announcing the PlayStation 4 both the DualShock 4 and PlayStation Eye will cost $59 each, meaning if you want to purchase both, you’ll be spending $118 in addition to the $399 it cost for the console along with its included accessories.
At this point, Sony hasn’t shown anything that could warrant purchasing its new PlayStation Eye, but we’re sure PlayStation 4 owners are going to want to purchase at least one additional controller for the rare chance a friend might come over, or to at least serve as a backup controller in case you fling your primary controller across the room one too many times.
Next Story: Netflix Launching User Profiles This Summer
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: inFAMOUS Second Son PS4 Patch Arrives April 17th
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-21: PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0 Being Investigated By Sony
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-11-27: Sony To Adjust PS4 PSN Game Prices In Europe
- 2013-11-20: This Gamer's PS4 Remains Untouched After A Tornado Destroyed His Home