We previously reported that a Russian website had managed to sneak in a full review of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom ahead of its release, but we guess they weren’t too ahead of Samsung because the South Korean manufacturer has officially announced the device. For those of you looking forward to a smartphone with a massive camera on the back, the Galaxy S4 Zoom is probably the device you’ll want to get your hands on. The official specs of the handset appear to match the rumors, and what this means is that users can look forward to a smartphone with a 16MP camera on the back and a lens to match it as well and Xenon flash accompanying it to help illuminate your subjects.
The phone will sport a 4.3” qHD display with a resolution of 960×540, a 1.5GHz dual-core chipset and will run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. The phone will not be the smallest or lightest phone we’ve seen from Samsung, especially with that hulking lens at the back of it, which will make the phone weigh a somewhat hefty 208grams and 15.4mm thick. This is not the most powerful phone we’ve seen from Samsung either, but considering the emphasis placed on its camera, this is probably a phone aimed at users who want a better camera rather than a better phone. No word on pricing or availability at the moment.
- 2014-04-22: Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22: AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2013-11-10: Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom Now Available From AT&T
- 2013-11-04: AT&T Galaxy S4 Zoom Launches November 8th For $199 On Contract
- 2013-10-16: EVLeaks Show Off Galaxy S4 Zoom For AT&T
- 2013-09-29: Nokia Lumia 1020 Ad Pokes Fun At Samsung
- 2013-08-12: Nokia Lumia 1020 VS Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom