Word on the street that apart from the recently announced Sony Xperia Z Ultra, the company has another phone in the works also known as the Xperia i1, which was also known by its codename, Honami. Well thanks to new rumors, it’s starting to look as like the Xperia i1 could actually end up sharing a design, or features, that are similar to that of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom. According to the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors, new information received has suggested that the upcoming device is expected to feature a 1:2,3” sensor and a Sony G Lens as well, and to top it off, an interchangeable mount!
Obviously with an interchangeable mount, the final design could look more like a camera, rather than a phone, which is why we said that the final design could be something along the lines of the Galaxy S4 Zoom, albeit done in Sony’s style. Apart from that, the rumored sepcs include a 5” Full HD display, a 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 CPU, 2GB of RAM, and will share the Xperia Z’s water and dust resistance. Take this with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys make of this? Should phones just stick to being phones, or is this hybrid system something you might be interested in?
Next Story: Seiki Announces 39" 4K TV For Just $699
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2013-09-03: Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Entire Alleged Press Release Leaks
- 2013-08-26: White Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Photos Leaked
- 2013-08-26: Sony Honami's Camera Teased In New Photo
- 2013-08-25: Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Purported Press Image Leaks
- 2013-08-23: New Sony Honami Photo Teased, Hints At Water Resistance