So the other day it was rumored that Sony’s RX100 MKII could be arriving on the 27th of June, but as it turns out the camera will not be the only model announced by Sony. There have been a smattering of reports which has suggested that not only will the RX100 MKII be announced, but an upgrade of the RX1 which for the time being is being referred to as the RX1R. So what’s the difference between the RX1 and RX1R? Well if the rumors are to be believed, there will be one glaring difference and that is the RX1R will not have an anti-aliasing filter. Apart from that apparently both cameras are said to be identical and will even sport the same design and features, save for the removal of the AA filter. We’re not sure if this could be good news or bad news for photographers, or if there’s more to it that we’re not getting at the moment, but take it with a grain of salt, and be sure to check back with us on the 27th of June for the details!
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6