[E3 2013] We already knew Nintendo was going to show off its upcoming Super Smash Bros. titles during today’s E3-focused NIntendo Direct, but that didn’t stop us from being excited when the company unveiled the first official video of the 3DS and Wii U versions, as well as announcing some new additions to the roster.
At the start of the Super Smash Bros. video, Nintendo announces some of the previously playable characters will return for the 3DS and Wii U version of the game. Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox McCloud, Pit, Donkey Kong, and Pikachu have all been confirmed to be returning to the latest version of Super Smash Bros. Two new challengers were also announced, Villager from Animal Crossing and Capcom’s blue bomber himself, Mega Man.
The Nintendo 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. looks like it’ll have comic-book style visuals as each character has a dark outline and doesn’t look as detailed as the Wii U version. The Wii U version, on the other hand, looks like it’ll make full use of the console’s hardware capabilities.
No other details were given in regards to how many levels Smash Bros. fans can expect out of both versions, what kind of 3DS and Wii U connectivity there will be and what the complete roster will be, but Nintendo did announce the game will be releasing in 2014.
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-24: Redbox May Offer PS4, Xbox One And Wii U Rentals Soon
- 2014-03-24: Over 50 Unity Titles Developed For The Wii U
- 2014-03-17: Japan To Get New Wii U Bundle
- 2013-11-15: Super Smash Bros. Will Include Super Mario Galaxy Stage On Wii U, 3DS
- 2013-09-26: Toon Link Added To Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Roster
- 2013-06-07: Nintendo's Fils-Aime Explains Why They Won't Be Holding An E3 Press Conference
- 2013-04-25: Nintendo Won't Hold An E3 2013 Press Conference To Focus On Smaller, Direct Events
- 2013-01-25: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS, Wii U Will Make Appearance At E3 2013