Less than a week ago Huawei launched the Ascend P6 to much fanfare in London. This 6.9mm thin device was claimed to be the thinnest smartphone in the world at that time. Turns out Huawei’s latest Android flagship couldn’t keep its crown for a long time. A new smartphone coming out of China steals the title from it, called Umeox X5, it is just 5.6mm thin and runs on Android as well.
The Umeox X5 is said to have a 5.3 inch display, an 8 megapixel rear facing camera, a 3 megapixel front facing camera, a dualcore processor and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The specifications are notably lower than Ascend P6 but an increasing trend in Chinese manufacturers is the shaving off of thickness and the Umeox X5 achieves that by a comfortable margin.It is not known as yet when this smartphone will go on sale in China, there are only a few Chinese manufacturers that sell their smartphone outside of the People’s Republic. However it is expected that Umeox X5 will be available in Europe, it will reportedly release in France first, this summer.
- 2013-11-15 Huawei Ascend P6 Set To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2013-06-28 Huawei Ascend P6 Google Play Edition Could Arrive
- 2013-06-19 Huawei Ascend P6 Pre-order Open In UK And Finland
- 2013-06-19 Huawei Targets 10 Million Ascend P6 Shipments In 2013
- 2013-06-18 Huawei Rules Out 'Nexus Experience' Devices, Praises Its Emotion UI