It seems like Sony’s Honami (or Xperia i1) is as badly kept a secret as Motorola’s Moto X because thanks to newly leaked images showing off the back portion of the phone, it seems that it might be confirmed that the phone will indeed sport a 20MP camera in accordance to the rumors.
As you can see in the image above, the back of the phone shows the camera long with “XX.XMP”, and according to the speculation of some, this would indicate that when the phone is released, the “XX.XMP” would be replaced by the “20.XMP” wording. The reason the device is showing “X” now is probably because it is a prototype and is apparently a pretty common practice in the industry.
In any case there is always the possibility that the image above is fake, and that the “XX.XMP” could be for different-sized sensor and not necessarily 20MP (previous rumors suggested anywhere between 16 to 20MP), but with the Sony Xperia i1 expected to debut at IFA 2013 later this year, we won’t have to wait too long for all the official details!RELATED
- Oppo R827T Receives Certification From Chinese Authorities In China
- DIY Cellphone Is Back Again
- Owners Of Large Screen Devices Tend To Use More Data, According To Study
- CyanogenMod Installer App Can Still Be Installed On An Android Device
- LG G2 Android 4.4 Update Coming Late Q1, 2014 In Canada
- Follow: honami, leaked, Sony,
- Seen at: androidbeat