It seems like Sony’s Honami (or Xperia i1) is as badly kept a secret as Motorola’s Moto X because thanks to newly leaked images showing off the back portion of the phone, it seems that it might be confirmed that the phone will indeed sport a 20MP camera in accordance to the rumors.
As you can see in the image above, the back of the phone shows the camera long with “XX.XMP”, and according to the speculation of some, this would indicate that when the phone is released, the “XX.XMP” would be replaced by the “20.XMP” wording. The reason the device is showing “X” now is probably because it is a prototype and is apparently a pretty common practice in the industry.
In any case there is always the possibility that the image above is fake, and that the “XX.XMP” could be for different-sized sensor and not necessarily 20MP (previous rumors suggested anywhere between 16 to 20MP), but with the Sony Xperia i1 expected to debut at IFA 2013 later this year, we won’t have to wait too long for all the official details!
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-23: Alleged Sony A3500 Photos And Specs Leaked
- 2014-01-27: Alleged Photos Taken By Sony Xperia Z2 "Sirius" Leaked Online
- 2013-11-14: New Sony Xperia Z1s Photo Leaked
- 2013-08-08: Alleged Sony Honami Teaser Image Leaked, Points At 4th September Launch