Latest rumors suggest that Apple is going to release two iPads this September, the next generation iPad mini as well as the fifth generation iPad. It has been speculated quite a lot whether or not the next iPad mini will have a Retina display. Some are of the view that there will be two iPad mini variants, one with the Retina display and one without. Some even suggest that the Retina model won’t come until 2014. Digitimes reports that there has been an internal debate at Apple over bringing Retina technology to iPad mini, the company is reportedly concerned if this will drive sales away from the full fledged iPad.
The report also says that fifth generation iPad will have 2,048×1,536 pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch, that is exactly the same as the current iPad. Sources claim that the bezel will be similar, and that the tablet will be thinner and lighter than its predecessor. For both the iPad and Retina iPad mini that are expected to be released this year, Apple is said to receive Retina display panels from LG, Samsung and Sharp.RELATED
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Samsung Reportedly Working On Flexible Tablet Displays With Stylus Support
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- iPad Air Leads Tablets During Holiday Weekend
- Applebee's Installing Nearly 100,000 Tablets On Its Tables In 2014
- Follow: iPad mini,