Latest rumors suggest that Apple is going to release two iPads this September, the next generation iPad mini as well as the fifth generation iPad. It has been speculated quite a lot whether or not the next iPad mini will have a Retina display. Some are of the view that there will be two iPad mini variants, one with the Retina display and one without. Some even suggest that the Retina model won’t come until 2014. Digitimes reports that there has been an internal debate at Apple over bringing Retina technology to iPad mini, the company is reportedly concerned if this will drive sales away from the full fledged iPad.
The report also says that fifth generation iPad will have 2,048×1,536 pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch, that is exactly the same as the current iPad. Sources claim that the bezel will be similar, and that the tablet will be thinner and lighter than its predecessor. For both the iPad and Retina iPad mini that are expected to be released this year, Apple is said to receive Retina display panels from LG, Samsung and Sharp.
Next Story: LG G2 For AT&T Apparently Approved By The FCC
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18: Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued