What started as a crowdfunded project on Kickstarter now enters the mainstream retail arena. It was rumored yesterday that Best Buy will start selling the Pebble smartwatch soon, the rumor turns out to be true as this was officially confirmed today. Starting July 7, that’s this Sunday, Pebble will be available via Best Buy retail stores as well its online store. The smartwatch will only be available in black color, its retail packaging is pictured above.
If black isn’t your favorite color, you can wait until August to pick up Pebble in cherry red from Best Buy. Its also available in orange, gray and white colors, but they won’t be available in the retail channel. Those of you who are interested in these colors can order them via Pebble’s website. The market for such watches is slowly but surely taking off. Just a couple of weeks ago Sony announced its latest Smartwatch, and there’s another Kickstarter backed project that aims to give Pebble a run for its money. Smartwatches entering mainstream retail does indicate that this market has potential. Pebble costs $149.99.
- 2014-04-03: Pebble 2.1.1 Update Unbricks The Smartwatch
- 2014-04-01: Pebble 2.1 Update Reportedly Causing Some Watches To Brick
- 2014-03-18: Talk2Watch Pro Brings BBM Notifications Onto Pebble
- 2014-03-17: Hatchi Adds Virtual Pet Dimension To Pebble Smartwatch
- 2014-02-16: Nexus 7 2013 16GB White Spotted On Best Buy
- 2013-12-12: Best Gadgets You Can Find At Best Buy [Promoted]
- 2013-11-26: Apple's Brick And Mortar Stores Account For 11% Of All U.S. Cellphone Sales
- 2013-11-24: PS4 Sold Out At Best Buy
- 2013-11-21: Best Buy Offering $75 Gift Card With Fourth Generation iPad Purchase
- 2013-09-25: AT&T Exclusive Carrier Partner Of Pebble Smartwatch