What started as a crowdfunded project on Kickstarter now enters the mainstream retail arena. It was rumored yesterday that Best Buy will start selling the Pebble smartwatch soon, the rumor turns out to be true as this was officially confirmed today. Starting July 7, that’s this Sunday, Pebble will be available via Best Buy retail stores as well its online store. The smartwatch will only be available in black color, its retail packaging is pictured above.
If black isn’t your favorite color, you can wait until August to pick up Pebble in cherry red from Best Buy. Its also available in orange, gray and white colors, but they won’t be available in the retail channel. Those of you who are interested in these colors can order them via Pebble’s website. The market for such watches is slowly but surely taking off. Just a couple of weeks ago Sony announced its latest Smartwatch, and there’s another Kickstarter backed project that aims to give Pebble a run for its money. Smartwatches entering mainstream retail does indicate that this market has potential. Pebble costs $149.99.RELATED
- Palette Is A Set Of Modular Controls For The Working Professional
- Runsafer Shoes Let You Know You’re Doing It Right (Or Wrong)
- Google Glass With Prescription Glass Spotted
- Swann Quad Starship Might Be Your Own Delivery Drone
- Natural Machines' 3D Printed Pizza Actually Looks Edible
- Follow: best buy, pebble,