There are certain Samsung smartphones that are yet to receive the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, these include the Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3. Rumor has it that Samsung might not roll out said update for these devices, instead opting to skip it in favor of Android 4.3. The problem is though, no one knows exactly when Android 4.3 is going to be released. To make matters worse, Google hasn’t as yet recognized that Android 4.3 is indeed the next major update. According to the rumor Samsung won’t release the update until November or December, and if by that time Android 4.3 is out, it would update these devices directly to the latest version.
Furthermore, the rumor claims that Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 2 and the yet to be released Galaxy Note 3 will all be updated to Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie. Once again, the same problem is present here as well. Google hasn’t confirmed that Android 5.0 carries the Key Lime Pie moniker. Google is expected to release a major platform update in the coming months, though an exact release time-frame is not known as of now.RELATED
- Motorola Apologizes For Cyber Monday Fiasco, Will Repeat Sales This Wednesday
- WhatsApp Finally Receives iOS 7 Update
- Nokia Lumia 929 Allegedly Purchased In Mexico
- Oppo R1 Announced, Promises To Deliver "Stunning" Images
- KitKat Now Part Of Android Distribution Stats
- Follow: android 4.3, android 5.0, key lime pie, Samsung,