Samsung is apparently not done with releasing variants of its latest flagship Android smartphone. There’s the conventional Galaxy S4, then there’s a Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy S4 Zoom and a “faster” Galaxy S4 with LTE-A support. According to a new report, the company might be releasing new variants of its Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S4 Mini smartphones in the third quarter of this year. The only difference in these new variants will reportedly be support for dual mode LTE.
Dual mode LTE capability would be particularly useful for those who travel a lot. It allows the device to switch between TDD and FDD LTE 4G networks. FDD LTE networks are the common standard in a lot of countries around the world, whereas adoption of TDD LTE is said to increase in the U.S., Australia and China in the near future. The adoption is also likely to increase in regions such as Southwest Asis, the Middle East as well as Northern and Eastern Europe. It is said that Samsung will release the new variants of both Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S4 Mini worldwide in Q3, 2013.
Next Story: Verizon HTC One Release Slated For August 15th
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-03-10: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Android 4.4.2 Update Rolling Out
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2013-12-16: Samsung Galaxy S4 And Galaxy S4 Mini To Get "Black Editions" Come 2014 [Rumor]
- 2013-10-23: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Headed To AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Next Month
- 2013-10-11: AT&T, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Leaked In Press Images
- 2013-08-01: Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S4 mini Arrives With World’s First TDD-LTE And FDD-LTE Seamless Handover Technology
- 2013-05-31: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Shown Off In Promotional Video