Apple’s App Store is truly a success for the ages, and who would have thought (other than Steve Jobs himself I suppose) that the App Store would have exploded and be where it is today? Google has an app store of their own, too, where we have all come to know and love it as Google Play. The thing is, Google Play might be nice and all, but it still has some ways to go before it can be on par with Apple’s App Store, especially when it comes to international support for other media such as Books and Music. Good news to those who have been wondering – Google has just expanded the reach of Google Play Books, in addition to Google Play Music All Access, where you can now have a gander at Play Books from Denmark, the Czech Republic, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Netherlands, Poland, and Romania.
These countries would now be on a similar level as the US, Canada, Japan, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Germany, and Brazil, among others. Apart from that, despite the Play Music store being made available in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain, and the UK, Google Play Music All Access has still remained a US-exclusive to date, but at least the walls of that have crumbled somewhat, with Google Play Music All Access now making its way to Australia and New Zealand.
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-03-17 Google Play Services 4.3 Arrives
- 2014-03-17 Google Play Games Receives Virtual Gifts
- 2014-03-05 Google Play Games Version 1.5 Arrives
- 2014-02-03 Google Play Services 4.2 Released On Android Devices
- 2014-01-09 Google Play Services 4.1 Delivers Turn-Based Multiplayer Support