Over two weeks back HTC confirmed that its One S smartphone won’t be receiving any updates, despite the fact that the company had previously said it would get Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5.0 update. This means that users will be stuck at Android 4.1.1. After this announcement a petition was started online urging HTC CEO to resume updates for the One S. A well known developer has claimed in a series of tweets that HTC is backtracking on its earlier decision of halting updates for its device. However, only one particular variant is said to receive both the Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5.0 update soon.
LlabTooFer says that HTC One S “Ville” variant, which is the one with Snapdragon S4 processor, will receive both ot these updates. He’s not sure if the “VilleC2″ variant will receive these updates, this variant has the Snapdragon S3 processor and was sold in various Asian and Eastern European markets. HTC hasn’t officially commented on these rumors as yet, so we can’t really be sure if it is indeed working on an update for at least one variant of the HTC One S.
Next Story: Google Has Scheduled An Event For July 24th
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2013-07-02: HTC One S Won't Get Any More Android Updates
- 2013-04-25: T-Mobile’s HTC One S Gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update At Last
- 2013-02-19: T-Mobile HTC One S Gets Tiny Security Enhancement Update
- 2012-06-26: SIM unlock your HTC One S without forking out a cent
- 2012-06-15: HTC One S with Snapdragon S3 1.7GHz processor spotted