According to reports, we have heard that the iPad mini with Retina display could only be released next year, but later that rumored was backtracked and it was suggested the device could see its intended 2013 release in the end. However it looks like those rumors have once again been contradicted, this time by analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities who has had a pretty decent track record so far when it comes to predicting future Apple products. According to Kuo, he has issued a report in which he predicts when Apple’s new products will be launching, and in that list the iPad mini with Retina display was nowhere to be found.
In the list Kuo has listed the iPhone 5S and the budget iPhone (or iPhone Light) to be released towards the end of September for the iPhone 5S, and early September for the iPhone Light. He also goes on to state that the fifth-gen iPad will see a release in early September, the Retina MacBook Pro with Intel’s Haswell processor pegged for mid-September, and the iMac with Haswell will arrive late August. Kuo also reaffirms that the fifth-gen iPad will be a redesign that will be similar to that of the iPad mini which we have seen in leaked photos in the past. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, and note that these are the predictions of an analyst rather than official word from Apple, but definitely worth taking note of nonetheless.
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2013-02-28: Apple iCloud Services Experiencing Ongoing Issues
- 2013-01-16: iPad Mini 2 With Retina Display, Cheaper iPhone, iPhone 5S Are All Coming This Year, Says Analyst
- 2012-08-20: Rumored iPad mini and next-gen iPhone components reveal 8-pin dock connector
- 2012-07-30: iPhone 5 to be announced on September 12th?
- 2012-05-09: Rumor: Next-gen iPhone set for September release, 7" iPad mini launching in August