Apple is expected to unveil the iPhone 5S this September. Earlier today we reported on an analyst’s claims that Apple’s manufacturing and supply chain partners are going to begin mass production of the next generation iPhone from this month. Now a handful of purported iPhone 5S specifications have leaked from China, among the various other details, it is said that the upcoming iPhone will have NFC as well as a fingerprint scanner.
The iPhone 5S will reportedly have the same Swift core present inside the iPhone 5′s A6 processor, but it is expected that it will clocked at 1.5GHz as opposed to almost 1.3GHz on the iPhone 5. A quadcore GPU has been rumored for the device as well a 4 inch IGZO display and 2GB of RAM. A leaked photo posted on Sina Weibo shows off a purported iPhone 5 without the rear shell on, the NFC antenna is visible, this would make iPhone 5S the first Apple smartphone to come with NFC. A 12 megapixel rear camera has also been rumored. The 4 inch IGZO display would be much more power efficient, thus allowing Apple to make it brighter without draining additional battery life. The fingerprint scanner will reportedly be built into the Home button, one of its main uses will be to let users lock and unlock their device. The iPhone 5S official announcement is expected next month.
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-04: Apple's M7 Continues To Track Even When Battery Is Dead