Logitech has just launched their Z600 Bluetooth computer speakers that have been designed to match the distinct “aluminum” color of Apple products. Obviously, it also works (in a radius of 10 yards) with PCs, smartphones, headphones and any other device that is compatible with Bluetooth A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) – that is most of what you could use in practice. If you don’t want to use Bluetooth, the Z600 also has USB and 3.5mm inputs.
I really like the design, which is very minimalist and should blend nicely with most modern environments (106x108x235.5mm for 1360g). A black version would be nice as well, but at the moment, Logitech as shown the white/silver speakers only. It’s hard to tell from the photos, but Logitech has placed the volume control at the top of the Right speaker. The cables that power the speakers are “lay-flat” cables that don’t get tangled up. It’s the same kind of cables that comes with slightly fancy headphones these days.
Up to three devices can be connected at any given time, out of 8 that can be paired with the device. The user switches the source audio via a button at the top of the speaker. I haven’t listened to it, so I can’t vouch for the sound quality, but the Logitech Z600 ($149.99) has 3 drivers in each speaker so, it should be pretty decent for a set of computer speakers.
Next Story: Tumblr Issues Fix For iOS App
- 2014-04-09: Logitech K830 Keyboard With Illuminated Keys Announced
- 2014-04-08: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse Revealed
- 2014-04-01: Logitech X100 Mobile Speaker Revealed
- 2014-03-04: Logitech Announces New Harmony Smart Keyboard
- 2014-01-27: Logitech ConferenceCam CC3000e Is An Affordable Yet Powerful Video Conferencing Solution
- 2011-10-25: Logitech AirPlay speakers outed by Amazon UK
- 2011-03-09: Logitech's Z906 speakers turn your living room into a theater
- 2010-03-02: Logitech Laptop Speaker Z205
- 2010-09-01: Logitech Laptop Speaker Z305 targets laptop owners
- 2010-09-01: Logitech Wireless Speaker Z515 offers great sound with no strings attached