Over the past couple of weeks there have been rumors about an upcoming Motorola Droid Ultra smartphone which is reportedly going to be a Droid Maxx variant on Verizon. Earlier today we reported on an allegedly leaked photo of this upcoming Verizon Droid Maxx, which is actually said to be the Droid Ultra XT1080 with carrier branding. A picture of this particular smartphone has been posted online by a member of XDA Forums, no technical specifications or exact dimensions have been revealed alongside the picture.
This picture shows the device touting the new Motorola logo at the top left corner, on the bezel there’s a reminder of the Droid Ultra XT1080 unit being confidential Motorola property. There are no official specifications available at this point in time, though it is known through FCC filings that the device will be compatible with LTE and will also have NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11ac. There has been no confirmation from Verizon that this is their next Droid Maxx addition, though it is expected that the carrier will make an official announcement in the near future.
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2013-11-29: White Droid Ultra And Droid Mini Available On Verizon Now
- 2013-11-26: White Verizon Motorola Droid Ultra Spotted In Leaked Press Images
- 2013-08-20: Verizon Motorola Droid Ultra And Motorola Droid Maxx Now Available Online
- 2013-07-25: Motorola Droid Ultra Limited Edition Is Really A Verizon Employee-Exclusive
- 2013-07-23: Motorola Droid ULTRA, Droid MINI And Droid MAXX Revealed