We have had covered the Nexus 7’s upcoming sequel in a rather lengthy piece earlier this evening, ranging from the possible hardware to leaked alleged photos of the device itself, but I am quite sure that price points are also on the minds of many. After all, not everyone is born with a silver spoon in our mouths, so the total ownership cost of a particular device would still have a weighty say in the final purchase decision. Word has it that the Nexus 2 7” will not be able to meet the $200 price point that was set by its predecessor, as we mentioned earlier. However, do take into consideration that what you see in the leak via the image above is from a retailer’s inventory system, as those information could just be placeholder data as the official numbers are not yet made available.
Come to think of it, if you are out for a decent Android-powered tablet experience even by today’s standards, using it to just check your email and perform the occasional browsing, while doubling up as a portable media player of sorts from time to time, the original Nexus 7 will still hold out pretty well. Don’t believe us? Check out our nexus7 review. Updated: our nexus 7 2 review is up as well!
- 2013-08-25: Refreshed Nexus 7 Arrives In Japan This August 28th
- 2013-08-23: Nexus 7 2013 Receives Firmware Update
- 2013-07-28: Nexus 7 2 Now Available From Google Play Store
- 2013-07-26: Best Stories Of The Week (22 To 26 July)
- 2013-07-26: Nexus 7 2 Being Sold At Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon
- 2013-07-25: New Nexus 7 Promotional Video
- 2013-07-24: New Nexus 7 Announced
- 2013-07-24: Best Buy Pulls New Nexus 7 Pre-Order Page
- 2013-07-24: Retail Version Of New Nexus 7 2 Leaks
- 2013-07-24: New Nexus 7 Tablets Up For Pre-Order On Best Buy