Sometime near the end of last month, it was reported that the Spanish chapter of Nokia shared that the Nokia Lumia Amber update would be released this coming August, and that information could very well be right on the money. Late last year, we did review the Nokia Lumia 920, and it seems that this particular smartphone was spotted with an early build of the Nokia Amber update as you can see in the video above. Of course, the video was not shot in the highest of resolutions that we would have liked, but at least it is something to work with in the meantime.
Just in case you were wondering the Nokia Amber update is already shipping on one of the more recent releases by the Finnish smartphone manufacturer, coming with the Nokia Lumia 925 right out of the box. In the video above, the Always on Clock, Double Tap to Wake, and Nokia Smart Camera apps among others were demonstrated. Why would one want to make the jump to Amber? Well, the Nokia Amber update would merge the Windows Phone 8 GDR2 update with Nokia’s very own enhancements, which should shape up to be a pretty potent combination.
Next Story: July 11 Could Make The Motorola Moto X Official
- 2014-01-30: Lumia Black Update Released For AT&T Lumia 920 And 820
- 2014-01-13: Nokia Lumia black Update Sets Its Sights On The Lumia 920
- 2013-12-29: Nokia Lumia 920 Reportedly Jailbroken By Chinese Hackers
- 2013-10-11: AT&T Rolling Out Amber Update For Nokia Lumia 820, 920
- 2013-10-09: AT&T Claims GDR2 And Amber Update Is Ready For Lumia 820 And 920