Carlos Slim, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet might have scratched their respective heads for a while when they heard of Delaware County resident Chris Reynolds, wondering who this man is. After all, Reynolds was temporarily the richest man on the earth with a cool $92 quadrillion in his PayPal account. To be exact, we are talking about a balance of $92,233,720,368,547,800.
56-year old Reynolds said, “I’m just feeling like a million bucks. At first I thought that I owed quadrillions. It was quite a big surprise.” Reynolds has been a PayPal customer for the past 10 years, where he uses it to purchase and sell items on eBay, vintage car parts included. He claims to spend under $100 each month via PayPal, and he donated $30 to the Democratic slate for Delaware County Council after an email from PayPal depicted that amount in his account. In fact, he volunteered to pay the national debt down first before purchasing the Phillies (at a great price, of course) if his PayPal account was still in the 17 digits.
I guess he might not be $92 quadrillion richer, but at least it has bought Reynolds his 15 minutes of fame – not something that every one of us even has.
Next Story: See The Eiffel Tower In Street View Goodness
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 First To Support PayPal Fingerprint Payment Authorization
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-19: Samsung MWC 2014 Event May Unveil Partnership With PayPal