If you are a huge fan of PlayOn, the media server software which will be able to stream online videos to TVs and mobile devices, well here is some good news for you – the PlayOn app is now available for the BlackBerry 10 platform. I know, BlackBerry users might feel maligned by developers for obvious reasons – the platform itself ain’t doing too hot, but what do you expect when the hardware alone fails to play catch up with the rest of the industry? Still, for the first time in the US and Canada, BlackBerry 10 owners can enjoy content from Hulu, Netflix and HBO GO on their smartphone.
All you need to do is download the new PlayOn app to a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 smartphone, as well as the PlayOn software to a Windows PC, and you can start to stream online content from the likes of Netflix, Hulu (without the need to have a Hulu Plus subscription), HBO GO, CBS and up to 60 other online channels to their smartphone, now how about that? Needless to say, a Wi-Fi would be most recommended, followed by a 4G or 3G connection. You can get PlayOn for Windows PCs here and PlayOn on BlackBerry World here.
Next Story: Finding Rover App Helps You Track Down Poor Fido
- 2014-04-09 Polled BlackBerry Users Want BlackBerry 10 To Be Themable
- 2014-03-27 BlackBerry 10 Receives Full Operational Capability Certification By Department Of Defense
- 2014-02-19 BlackBerry 10 QWERTY Prototype Photos Leaked
- 2014-02-13 BBM 2.0 Brings Voice Calling, Channels, Dropbox And More
- 2013-12-24 BlackBerry Dropped Plans To Release Two More BB10 Devices