Just the other day Rockstar took the wraps off the gameplay trailer for its upcoming game, Grand Theft Auto 5. Needless to say the gameplay trailer looked fantastic and seemed to line up with the stunning screenshots Rockstar has been releasing over the past couple of months. However it seems that some people weren’t convinced that the game was being run on current-gen consoles, like the Sony PlayStation 3 for example, which is why Rockstar has since come forward and confirmed it on their blog by saying, “Just to clarify for those asking, this particular video was captured with footage from the PS3 version of the game.”
As it stands the game is planned for both the Sony PS3 and the Microsoft Xbox 360 console, which is why we guess some gamers who might have seen the video couldn’t believe it was running on a next-gen console. An interview given back in June revealed that Rockstar had no current plans for a release on next-gen consoles like the PS4 or Xbox One for now, and that they believe that despite the lack of next-gen console support, it will not affect the demand of the game. This is supported by an opinion of an analyst who believes that GTA 5 will sell a ton of copies before gamers start to move onto next-gen consoles.
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2014-02-04: Over 32 Million Copies Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Shipped
- 2014-01-22: GTA 5 For PC Listed On Amazon France And Germany's Websites
- 2014-01-20: GTA 5 For PC Revealed In Alleged Bug Reports
- 2011-03-22: Grand Theft Auto V Confirmed by Gilbert Gottfried, But For What Consoles?