Recent rumors have suggested that Soy could be looking to launch a full-frame NEX camera later this year, and thanks to a recent report from Sony Alpha Rumors, it looks like the launch date is potentially pegged for the 24th of September. This is according to a source who tipped them off to the possible launch date, although at this point in time there is no word from Sony if they have any plans to hold an event around that time. Their source has revealed that this has been a project in the works for the past two years and will show off the close collaboration between Sony and Olympus, where Olympus is said to have provided the sensor image stabilization technology similar to that on the E-M5 model.
In any case additional details of the camera include its size, which supposedly is slightly bigger than the NEX-7, but other than that the full hardware specifications remain unknown. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but for now that’s pretty much the only date we have so you can be sure we will be keeping our eyes and ears peeled for more information, and marking our calendars just to be safe! So, who else is excited at the possibility of a full-frame NEX camera?
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6