Last week it was rumored that Toshiba is working on a 7 inch tablet. Alleged benchmarks of this tablet, dubbed AT7-A, were also spotted online. According to a new report, Toshiba’s supply chain partners have received orders for the production of this tablet. Digitimes’ sources believe that the company might launch this tablet in retail channels as soon as the third quarter of 2013.
It is believed that this tablet will have a 7 inch 1024×600 pixel resolution display, a 1.6GHz processor and presumably 1GB of RAM. It is believed to run Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box. No further information regarding its specifications or features is available of now. Toshiba itself is yet to confirm the existence of this device, it hasn’t even hinted that it will be launching a new 7 inch tablet this year. The AT7-A is going to be a mid-range Android tablet, while no pricing information is available right now, the price tag may be around the $300 market. It remains to be seen if the AT7-A will be limited to certain markets and if it will be making its way over to the U.S. as well.
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter