Last month Microsoft officially released Windows 8.1 preview. Right now it is not known exactly when the company plans on releasing the final version of Windows 8.1. Today, Microsoft has released the Enterprise preview of Windows 8.1, allowing testers to get an idea of what business-focused features the next major Windows update is going to bring.
Windows 8.1 Enterprise preview brings a host of features such as AppLocker, BranchCache, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Start screen control, Windows To Go creator, Direct Access and more. Features such as DirectAccess let remote users access the internal resources of a corporate network without requiring a separate connection. Start screen control lets the IT department control the layout of the screen on company machines and prevents individual customization. Networking features include the ability to print through an enterprise NFC printer by tapping a Windows 8.1 device against it, the ability to connect to a Wi-Fi Direct printer without requiring any additional software or drivers as well as the ability to beam content to a Miracast enabled device by pairing through NFC or Bluetooth without needing any dongles. Windows 8.1 Enterprise preview can be downloaded from here.
- 2014-04-17: Maxpad Windows 8.1 PC-TV Launched
- 2014-04-08: Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-03: Official Windows 8.1 And Windows Phone 8.1 Walkthrough Videos Released
- 2014-04-02: Windows 8.1 Update 1 Releases Free On April 8th
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Offers Windows XP Users $100 Discount On Windows 8.1 Devices