It is not uncommon for different apps to come up with their fair share of updates from time to time in order to deliver new features or squash existing bugs. The whole point of software updates would be to introduce a more stable and enhanced user experience, and since 2012, YouTube has not rolled out an update to their PS3 app – until now. In fact, the latest YouTube app update for the PS3 would see the introduction of the ‘send to TV’ feature, where it enables one to play videos from mobile devices straight on your TV. The app update will be making its presence known throughout the next day or so, so be patient as you wait for its arrival.
This ‘send to TV’ feature would of course, require a phone or tablet alongside the YouTube app installed. You can use either iOS or Android powered devices (sorry BlackBerry OS and Windows Phone 8 smartphone owners), where the feature is already within the app itself. All you need to do is tap the TV icon in your app, and the video will be beamed right over to the PS3 without batting an eyelid. Not only that, the app itself has also been updated to deliver a smoother video playback experience, which means you should experience less buffering to boot.
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2013-02-28: YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- 2012-08-14: YouTube App for PS3 arrives
- 2010-07-13: PS3 To Get 3D YouTube And Blu-ray Support