Blizzard, the company that does not rush out new games to its well loved franchises for the sake of being on time, but rather, prefers to polish everything down to the last bit as much as possible, throwing in killer cut scenes to boot, has recently registered a trademark for ‘The Dark Below’ which has been speculated by many to be a future World of Warcraft tie-in or a possible expansion.
Sure, subscription rates for World of Warcraft has not been too hot in recent times, but that is to be expected considering how the game has been around for so long already, and to still have so many players on their servers is an achievement to be proud of, as it remains to be one of the most popular gaming franchises today. ‘The Dark Below’ might ring a bell with those who eat and sleep Warcraft lore, where it has been spotted from the game’s RPG Monster Manual before – and in turn, raises hopes of a possible MMO expansion. Blizzard’s Monster Manual for World of Warcraft did describe “The Dark Below” as, “The Dark Below is a place inhabited by demons, devils and infernal creatures, from where some sorcerers take their power directly and sometimes have a patron beast to foster their magic.”
Next Story: PS4 Could Be Released This October 21st (Rumor)
- 2014-04-11: Blizzard Unveils New Heroes Of The Storm Characters
- 2014-04-11: World Of Warcraft's Choppers Are About To Be Made A Reality
- 2014-04-08: Blizzard Files For Overwatch Trademark
- 2014-04-08: Warlords Of Draenor New Tauren Animations Shown Off
- 2014-04-03: World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor Enters Alpha Testing Phase