How many times have you used your smartphone in the past only for it to run out of juice during the most crucial moment? Well, one of the solutions would be to bring a charger with you wherever you go – one in the car, and another to plug into an available AC outlet. The thing is, that can prove to be quite inconvenient for some, which is why a different solution in the form of a battery case has been introduced before, and we have seen our fair share of battery cases, too. How about increasing the default battery capacity instead, like what Motorola did with their Droid MAXX? China might have a solution which seems to remain limited to their domestic market only though – the Changhong Z9 which boasts of a – wait for it, 5,000 mAh battery.
What makes the Changhong Z9 even more amazing is, despite sporting a 5,000mAh battery, it still manages to remain nice and slim at just 9mm thick, now how about that? The other hardware specifications would place it squarely in the mid-range scheme of things, with a 5.5” 720p High Definition display, an 8-megapixel camera with an LED flash, a quad-core 1.2GHz MediaTek MT6589 processor, 1GB RAM, and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean as the operating system of choice. Will other smartphone manufacturers follow suit?RELATED
- Android 4.3 Roll Out For International Galaxy S3 Resumes
- Galaxy Nexus CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat Stable Unofficial ROM Released
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- Foursquare v7.0 For iOS Gets A Complete Revamp
- Zact Teams Up With Disney To Deliver Family-Friendly Smartphone Service
- Seen at: unwiredview