Do you think that robots would one day take over the role of a barista or bartender? Perhaps, and while electronic and robotic advancements have been made in those two areas, you can never really replace the human touch with robots for one simple reason – they’re robots. Still, a local company in Austin intends to disrupt the widespread coffee shop culture through the introduction of an “intelligent” Coffee Haus, which happens to be a high-tech coffee kiosk that might very well offer an alternative to barista.
The Coffee Haus relies on robotics when it comes to mixing your favorite cuppa, imitating the precision of a skilled barista so that your tastebuds will not revolt against the cup that you are served. The first of such Coffee Haus kiosks is located on the University of Texas campus, where one will use a touchscreen or the Briggo smartphone app in order to place an order. Heck, with this app, you can even place a pre-order for your coffee to perk you up when you get out of bed, picking it up on the way to class. Unfortunately, no amount of AI injected in the future will be able to give you fatherly advice like an experienced and mature bartender can.
Next Story: Smart TV Could Spy On You
- 2013-10-15: Capsulekong Pays Homage To Donkey Kong While Serving You Coffee
- 2013-08-02: Coffee Machine Activated By Yawns
- 2013-08-02: Coffee Haus Kiosk Might Replace Your Barista One Day
- 2013-04-24: Have Coffee With Tim Cook For $50,000, The Money Goes To Charity
- 2013-02-13: KRUPS Barista EA9000 Fully Automated Cappuccino Machine
- 2011-12-06: Scanomat TopBrewer brews you a cup of coffee via your iPhone/iPad