Its hard to imagine an internet without GIFs. The internet would seem bland without GIFs, but fortunately we don’t have to part with them any time soon. Instead, quite a lot of web based services add support for them and Flipboard is the latest one to do so for its iOS app. The magazine style news aggregator announced today that GIF support has been added to its app for iPhone, iPad and the iPod touch. The Android version has already been touting support for quite some time now. Flipboard users on iOS now have the ability to collect and share their favorite GIFs in magazines.
GIF support is not all that’s new in this Flipboard for iOS update. The first seven stories in U.S. News, Business, Tech and Sports categories will now display the leading news of the day, those who want to read up on more news or follow up on the previous days’ events can flip ahead. There’s also an additional sharing option. Once a user flips 10 items into a magazine, they’ll be promoted to share it online. Last but not the least, the pagebox avatar is now clickable, it will lead to the curator’s profile page where all curation activities of that particular user can be viewed. Flipboard for iOS is available as a free download from the App Store.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-04-03: Next-Gen iOS Devices May Have Faster, Power Efficient LPDDR4 DRAM
- 2013-05-13: Flipboard For iOS Updated
- 2012-06-21: Flipboard for iOS gets updated with Google+ and YouTube integration