Up till a week ago we hadn’t really heard much about a gold-tone iPhone 5S in the rumor cycle. Over the past week there have been a barrage of reports claiming that gold is going to be one of the color options for Apple’s upcoming flagship smartphone. Now a number of major news outlets, who claim to have heard from sources with knowledge of the matter, “confirm” that Apple will indeed be releasing the gold iPhone 5S in the coming months. It is said that demand exists for such a color particularly in markets such as China and India, and that gold is one of the most common choices of people who go for after market paint jobs on their iPhones.
AllThingsD’s source claims that this gold tone will be “elegant,” more like champagne. The iPhone 5S will have a white face with a gold-tone back plate and edges. Other reports suggest that the color wouldn’t at all be tacky or over the top, which most customers are likely to avoid. Furthermore, it is said that gold color is much more easier to anodize on an iPhone as opposed to other colors. Couple that with rising demand and Apple has a reason to make such a color option available. We’ve already seen a purported leaked casing of the gold iPhone 5S, though it is now believed that it might have been fake. As always, Apple is tight-lipped about its future iPhone plans.
Next Story: Tesco Tablet Rumored To Be In The Pipeline
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind