One unreleased Apple device that has been out of the rumors these days is the iPad 5. Apple is expected to launch its fifth generation tablet in September or October. Today we get to see the back of this tablet in allegedly leaked pictures. The pictures have been published by FanaticFone, which claims that the rear shell is 24 centimeters by 16.8 centimeters, making it nominally smaller than the current iPad which comes in at 24 centimeters by 18.6 centimeters. According to them, the bezel will be smaller than it is on the current fourth generation iPad.
Just like it is on the iPad mini, the speaker is said to be placed at the bottom of this rear shell. Volume buttons are reportedly “separated into two respective parts.” We heard rumors earlier this year that the fifth generation iPad will have a design similar to that of the iPad mini, it remains to be seen how much truth there actually is to that rumor. There’s obviously no confirmation that the part we see here does indeed belong to the fifth generation iPad. As per recent rumors, iPad 5 is going to be launched in the next couple of months.
- 2013-10-22: iPad Air Overview
- 2013-10-21: iPad 5 May Get A Keyboard Smart Cover Of Its Own [Rumor]
- 2013-10-14: Purported Gold iPad 5 And iPad 2 Mini Leaked
- 2013-10-14: iPad Mini With Retina Display Reportedly Bit Thicker Due To Bigger Battery
- 2013-10-14: Retina iPad Mini Won't Be Announced On October 22nd [Analyst]