We’ve been hearing rumors that Apple is going to launch a low cost iPhone this year. No one knows for sure what Apple will end up calling it, if they ever release a low cost iPhone. The monikers that have been thrown around recently include iPhone Lite, iPhone Mini and iPhone 5C. Today a number of high quality pictures of the iPhone 5C have leaked online, we’re going with the iPhone 5C moniker because that’s what the source of these pictures is calling the device.
These 10.3 megapixel photos of iPhone 5C come from Sonny Dickson. It is rumored that the low cost iPhone will be priced around $400 off contract. The reason why it will be relatively cheaper than a full fledged iPhone is because the device is apparently fashioned out of polycarbonate. Not using expensive materials such as glass or aluminium, like it does on the regular iPhone, enables Apple to keep costs down. The company is apparently going to release this device so as to gain a footing in the mid-range smartphone market, largely dominated by Android devices at this point in time. We can’t obviously be absolutely sure that what you see in these pictures is definitely what Apple is going to be releasing alongside the iPhone 5S at the event expected on September 6th, note that no FCC and relevant certification markings are present on the back. This could just be an early prototype.
Next Story: BlackBerry Z30 Phablet Pictured Yet Again
- 2014-03-19: Analyst Doesn't Think 8GB iPhone 5c And Relaunched iPad 4 Will Have Much Impact On Apple's March/June Quarters
- 2014-03-18: Apple Explains Why They Launched The 8GB iPhone 5c
- 2014-03-18: 8GB iPhone 5c Has Been Officially Launched In The UK
- 2014-03-17: 8GB iPhone 5c Set To Roll Out (Rumor)
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well