Almost every other day we cover rumors and leaks of the iPhone 5C, the hotly anticipated budget iPhone that Apple is expected to unveil next month. There have been a lot of leaks, the casing for this smartphone has been making the rounds for quite some time. However since nothing is confirmed by Apple, one can’t really be sure about these unofficial leaks. Jimmy Lin, a well known Taiwanese actor and singer, posted a couple of pictures on Weibo of what he claims is the iPhone 5C. Its actually the same thing that we’ve been seeing in recent leaks, however it does contain FCC and other relevant markings on the back.
One can’t possibly believe that Apple would give access to an unreleased product prior to its official announcement, and Lin only shows off the back of the iPhone 5S in these photos, so its highly likely that he got his hands on the iPhone 5C casing that has been spotted time and again. Is Lin privy to information regarding the iPhone 5C, given his position in Taiwan, where a number of Apple’s component suppliers are located? Or is he simply posting these pictures so as to increase his following on Weibo, which is the Chinese equivalent of Twitter? We can’t say for sure.
- 2014-03-19 Analyst Doesn't Think 8GB iPhone 5c And Relaunched iPad 4 Will Have Much Impact On Apple's March/June Quarters
- 2014-03-18 Apple Explains Why They Launched The 8GB iPhone 5c
- 2014-03-18 8GB iPhone 5c Has Been Officially Launched In The UK
- 2014-03-17 8GB iPhone 5c Set To Roll Out (Rumor)
- 2014-03-13 iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well