Have you ever played any of the Left 4 Dead series? It is definitely a different take on the undead genre, and who knew that the undead themselves have different classes to torment the still living? Well, there are whispers going around that Left 4 Dead 3 is in active development – alongside the long awaited Source Engine 2, or at least according to some competitors in Valve’s Dota 2 championships, The International, who toured around Valve’s offices this week itself. Needless to say, any photo can be doctored these days, accompanied by some rather outlandish claims, so do take this bit of news with a pinch of salt.
It must be noted too, that Valve founder Gabe Newell has allegedly said to have confirmed that Source 2 is in the pipeline and in due time, it should be released for the masses. Has it been so long already, that Left 4 Dead 2 was released in 2009? Boy, how fast does time fly, and considering how it was only a year between the first Left 4 Dead title, the third version of the game is long overdue, at least in the books of fans of the game.
Next Story: Fuel3D Handheld 3D Scanner
- 2014-04-16: 36.9% Of Games Bought On Steam Never Get Played [Study]
- 2014-04-03: Half-Life 2 Reimagined With Unreal Engine Looks Gorgeous
- 2014-03-25: Valve's "Free To Play" Documentary Garners 5.5 Million Views
- 2014-03-19: Valve's DotA 2 "Free To Play" Documentary Is Now Available For Viewing
- 2014-03-17: Developers Reveal That Most Gamers Do Not Finish Their Games
- 2013-03-15: Resident Evil 6, Left 4 Dead 2 Crossing Over In Free Update This Spring
- 2012-10-01: Left 4 Dead 3 will happen according to Valve, no dates or time frame mentioned
- 2012-06-13: Overkill's Left 4 Dead prequel rumor turned out to be false