I guess you can say that a particular device, especially if it happens to be one of your flagship models, fails to make the cut when it comes to its build quality, surely a furor among your user base is going to arise. Well, we have here the Sony Xperia Z Ultra that also goes by the model number C6802, and while it has rolled out for just a few weeks already with bouquets being heaped on its display, not all is as rosy as depicted. Apparently, there does seem to be a small number of Sony Xperia Z Ultra owners who complained about its defective display, with most the problems recorded and uploaded onto YouTube for all and sundry to see.
It all begins with the Sony Xperia Z Ultra being unable to turn the screen on when one presses the power button. Sure, the backlight might be turned on, but the screen itself will still remain blank. This is not a Sleep of Death (SoD) issue that tends to happen among Android powered devices, though. It is also said that select owners of the Sony Xperia Z Ultra see green lines whenever they try to “wake” the device up via the power button. So far, no known fixes have been discovered, although some swear that installing the latest build version 14.1.B.0.475 will solve the issue, with some refuting that statement. Hopefully Sony Mobile will be able to come up with a fix, and soon!
Next Story: Hands-On: PS4 Review
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-03-09 Android 4.4 KitKat Rolling Out To Xperia Z Ultra Owners
- 2014-01-30 Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-22 WiFi-Only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Officially Announced For Japan
- 2014-01-20 WiFi-only Xperia Z Ultra Seemingly Confirmed On Sony's Website