Sony’s range of NEX cameras have ranged from somewhat affordable to downright expensive, but according to the rumors, it seems that Sony could be looking to announce a new special entry level camera. This is according to the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors who were tipped off to Sony’s new plans and how the company could be unveiling this alleged camera on the 27th of August. At this point in time the device is said to be going under the model number “ILC-3000” which we can’t be sure which family it is part of, but supposedly it will be part of the E-mount family and will be the first device not to use the NEX name.
The rumor goes on to state that the ILC-3000 is expected to take on Canon’s REBEL series of entry-level DSLRs which would be interesting, given that Sony’s E-mount cameras use the mirrorless system. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but given that we’re a little over a week away before Sony allegedly makes their announcement, we guess we might not have to wait too long to find out! So, who else is excited at an entry-level E-mount camera from Sony?
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update