One of the downsides to adopting a brand new console upon its launch is that there will not be as many games to choose from at the start. This is only natural and we expect the same case to apply to both the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One, although the good news for PlayStation 4 would-be owners is that Sony has announced that they expect to have about 33 games to choose from by the end of December. Granted this pales in comparison to the library of games available for the PlayStation 3, but we guess it’s a start and we’re sure that there are more titles to come in the future.
Some of the games will be by Sony, and other titles will be by third-party developers. Some of the games are also expected to be released on Blu-ray, while other titles will only be available as digital-only titles. As it stands Sony claims that there are more than 180 games in development for the PlayStation 4, so we expect that this 33 will only be the tip of the iceberg. If you’d like to check out the list of games that should be arriving by the end of the year, hit up Sony’s PlayStation blog for the details. In the meantime the Sony PlayStation 4 console is expected to see a release on the 15th of November.
Next Story: Alleged Sony Honami Press Shots Surface
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-03-27: The Last Of Us For PS4 Coming This Summer
- 2014-02-13: Sony Believes PlayStation 3 Still Has A Lot Of Life Left
- 2014-02-13: Gamer Exploits PS Plus Loophole, Free Membership Until 2035
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-06: Three Million Xbox One Units Were Sold In 2013