We have been hearing rumors that Sony could be looking to launch a lens camera accessory for iOS devices, which essentially is a lens that one could attach to their smartphone to boost its photography abilities. We’ve seen alleged photos of the accessory and in case you weren’t convinced yet, diagrams of the QX10 and QX100 have made their way online and assuming these are indeed diagrams from the user manual, they certainly do match up with the leaked images we’ve seen earlier.
For those wondering what’s the difference between either accessory, the QX100 is expected to feature the same RX100MII sensor and the same Zeiss lens, while the QX10 will sport the same 1/2.3” 18MP CMOS sensor and f/3.3-5.9 lens as the WX150. The numbers pointing at the different parts of the lenses indicate the different functions, such as a power button, microphone placement, display panel, ring control, zoom lever, shutter button, and etc. No word on when Sony will announce the QX10 and QX100, but with a 4th of September IFA press event confirmed, perhaps we might learn more then.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment