The Sony Xperia Z Ultra has certainly come under scrutiny by certain quarters, where it has even been compared to the Nexus 7 tablet for some perspective, and this time around, we have the Sony Xperia Z Ultra’s triluminous display being compared to the HTC One’s display, thanks to the folks over at SECafe in Vietnam. Sony’s Triluminous technology used to be the domain of Sony’s very own TVs, but it seems that Sony intends to transfer some of that know how into its next generation of smartphones, with hopes for their smartphones to play catch up with smartphones from other rivals. The HTC One is said to carry one of the best available displays out there at the moment, so to see Sony’s Xperia Z Ultra being compared is definitely a step in the right direction, and a possible vote of confidence.
I guess the proprietary Triluminous technology really does work wonders to a certain extent, as it allows the handset to feature a wider range of colors to pick from, in addition to making images more vivid and realistic in nature. All of it is made possible thanks to the implementation of “quantum dots”, or extremely small particles which will emit light at a preset wavelength that is based on which we humans perceive as a different color.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-03-09: Android 4.4 KitKat Rolling Out To Xperia Z Ultra Owners
- 2014-01-30: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-22: WiFi-Only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Officially Announced For Japan
- 2014-01-20: WiFi-only Xperia Z Ultra Seemingly Confirmed On Sony's Website
- 2014-01-10: WiFi-only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Could Be In The Works