We know that Sony has a “lens camera” type accessory in the works, which has also been referred to by its model numbers, the QX10 and the QX100, but what will the entire lineup be known as upon its release? After all “lens camera” doesn’t sound too catchy, does it? Well according to the folks at BGR, the accessory is expected to be known as the “EspressOn”, which to be honest does sound a little weird, not to mention “express” would make more sense, but then again perhaps Sony might have their own reasons.
In any case for those who are hearing this for the first time, these lens camera accessories are basically camera lenses with sensors built into them, allowing them to function as a camera while attached to a smartphone via Bluetooth connectivity. The QX10 is expected to be based on the WX-150’s camera and will sport an 18MP CMOS sensor, while the QX100 will be based on the RX100MII with a 20.2MP sensor. Last we heard it was rumored that the QX100 could cost $450. In any case we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more information, so check back with us at a later date for more info!
Next Story: Tech Ad Parody Video Is Hilarious
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6