There has been a lot of fuss the past couple of months over the launch of next-gen consoles such as Sony’s PlayStation 4 and Microsoft’s Xbox One, but exactly how big a fuss are we talking about? Well according to Sony Computer Entertainment UK’s chief, Fergal Gara, the pre-orders of the PlayStation 4 are “way over and above and beyond the pre-order number at launch day” when compared to its predecessors, the Sony PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3.
Unfortunately Gara stated that they are unable to disclose the number of pre-orders yet, but he did state that it numbers more than a million. Sony is working at the moment to try and fulfill as many pre-orders as they possibly can at the moment so as to satisfy gamers. “We’re doing everything we can to secure every last unit … so we an do out very best to meet the demand as it stands for day one and clearly chasing there after.” Given that pre-orders of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles have been running out at retailers around the world, it is safe to say that this news isn’t all that surprising. The PlayStation 4 has been pegged for a release on the 15th of November, have you placed your pre-order yet?
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-11: Sony Releases PS4 System Update 1.52 Today
- 2013-12-10: PS4 Achieves Nearly 800k Gameplay Broadcasts, Over 7.1m Spectate Sessions
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-12-05: PS4 Reaches 6.5 Million 'Shares' Since The Console's Release