Just the other day Microsoft took the wraps off their new Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 tablets, but interesting enough the company did not make any mention about the possibility of a Surface Mini, a device which has been rumored for a while now but not mentioned at all by Microsoft during their presentation. It is possible that the Surface Mini could merely be a fake and a false rumor, but at the same time it could be that the device is not primed for launch yet which is why Microsoft has kept mum on the details.
In any case thanks to new information obtained by CNET, some of the alleged Surface Mini specs have surfaced. According to them, the device will feature a 7.5” display with an aspect ratio of 4:3 and a resolution of 1400×1050. It will run on Window RT and could feature 3G/4G connectivity, just like the new Surface tablets thanks to an LTE SKU that has been planned for release in 2014. No release date has been given, but the tablet is expected to begin production in Q1 of 2014, so it is possible that we could see a launch in the later part of next year. The price has also been tentatively set below $449, which hopefully will make it a more appealing and affordable tablet. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys think of a smaller Microsoft Surface tablet?
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft Office 365 Has 4.4 Million Paid Users Now
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft Surface Mini Accessories Listed By Amazon Retailer
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft-Nokia Deal Sees Some Last Minute Changes
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft Trademarks Filed Are Game-Related
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-10 Microsoft Surface Mini Could Be Marketed As A Note Taking Device [Rumor]
- 2013-12-17 Surface Mini Rumored To Feature Kinect Like Motion Sensing
- 2013-10-01 Microsoft Surface Boss Promises Multiple Sizes And Aspect Ratios
- 2013-09-25 Surface Mini Allegedly Delayed Until Spring 2014