Among the various products it has announced today, ASUS also unveiled the new Transformer PAD TF701T quadcore tablet. The company had actually teased this new tablet last week, today it has finally unveiled it. Running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, the new Transformer Pad is powered by a NVIDIA Tegra 4 T40X quadcore processor with 2GB of DDR3L RAM. It has a 10.1 inch WQXGA display that offers 2,560×1,600 pixel resolution. This tablet joins the ASUS Transformer family because it comes with a mobile dock, with which it can effectively be used as an Android laptop.
The dock contains a QWERTY keyboard and a secondary battery which can push battery life up to 17 hours when the tablet is docked. It also contains a USB 3.0 port. There’s a 5 megapixel rear camera, a 1.2 megapixel front facing camera and Miracast streaming support. The tablet has a microSD card slot whereas the dock has a SD card slot for easy external memory expansion. Transformer Pad is available in 32GB and 64GB models. Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, e-compass, gyroscope and a speaker with ASUS SonicMaster technology are also on-board. The tablet is just 8.9mm thick and weighs in at 585g. ASUS hasn’t reveal pricing and availability information for North America as yet.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-09-04: ASUS Launches Haswell Powered Transformer Book T300
- 2013-09-04: ASUS Launches The 10.1 Inch X102BA Ultraportable Notebook
- 2013-09-04: ASUS Transformer Book Trio Is A Laptop, Desktop And A Tablet
- 2013-09-04: ASUS MeMO Pad 8 And MeMO Pad 10 Affordable Android Tablets Launched
- 2013-09-04: ASUS Announces Zenbook UX301 And UX302 Ultrabooks