There has been significant boom in the smartwatch market recently. A few big name companies have already announced or are currently considering ways to develop their very own wearable watch. The Pebble smartwatch, which is one of the biggest success stories online, recently crossed the 275,000 pre-order mark. Surely it can serve as decent competition against the new contenders, one of which is the Samsung Galaxy Gear. AT&T announced today that it has become the first exclusive carrier partner of the Pebble Smartwatch.
To be absolutely clear, AT&T isn’t getting a special edition of the Pebble smartwatch. They’re just selling the exact same model that can be picked up from a Best Buy outlet. AT&T customers can purchase the smartwatch online from September 27th for $149.99. Pebble will also be available in select retail stores that day, while broader availability is expected next month. Michael Cowan, Director of Accessory Portfolio, said that “this smartwatch is fun, practical and easy to use.” Pebble comes in a number of exciting colors. This is the first time that Pebble smartwatches are going to be sold through a major carrier in the U.S., lets see if other U.S. carriers bring some other smartwatches on-board in the near future.
- 2014-04-03: Pebble 2.1.1 Update Unbricks The Smartwatch
- 2014-04-01: Pebble 2.1 Update Reportedly Causing Some Watches To Brick
- 2014-03-18: Talk2Watch Pro Brings BBM Notifications Onto Pebble
- 2014-03-17: Hatchi Adds Virtual Pet Dimension To Pebble Smartwatch
- 2014-03-09: Pebble 2.0 For Android Brings Watchapps And More
- 2013-07-02: Best Buy To Sell Pebble Smartwatch From July 7